Robert Hartwell is an award-winning Broadway performer, choreographer, director, producer, and CEO of Strength On Stages in NYC. He is the host and executive producer of Taking Back the House, a television show presented by OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, HGTV, and Scott Brothers Entertainment premiering in 2023.
From stage to screen, Robert creates jaw-dropping moments that leave audiences awestruck and inspired. You’ve seen Hartwell in Tony Award-winning Broadway musicals and featured in Pharrell and Jay-Z’s hit music video, “Entrepreneur.”
You might know Robert from his viral social media post. After purchasing a 200-year-old colonial mansion (which was built back when slavery was still legal Federally in the US), Robert inspired millions with his message of reinvention, liberation, and hope. As a Black gay man, he vowed to fill this home with love, honor his ancestors, tell their stories, and say their names.
Robert founded The Broadway Collective which made the Inc 5000 List for its rapid growth: 440% revenue increase in 3 years. He’s an intuitive entrepreneur who understands how to bring out the greatness inside each client.
As a director and choreographer his work has been seen at Lincoln Center in NYC, the Kennedy Center in DC, and numerous theaters across the country.
Robert’s work has been featured in countless media outlets including Good Morning America, House Beautiful, Architectural Digest, People, and more.
Robert divides his time between New York City, Los Angeles, and his new home in Massachusetts.
• Author, executive director, and screenwriter, focusing on Black women’s experiences with sex, religion and mental health.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Master’s Degree in Divinity with a focus on the arts.
• As seen in Ebony, Essence, The Daily Post.
• Certified BOLD Coach who helps girls build more confidence and self-esteem.
• More than 20 years of experience as a leader and nurturer.
• Also happens to be Robert Hartwell’s mom…and was instrumental in helping him create a successful Broadway career and his first multi-seven figure company.
• Event producer, story expert, classically-trained Shakespeare actor.
• Has produced a wide range of events—from celebrity weddings, to educational conferences with hundreds of students, to national tours.
• Helped Robert’s first company hit the Inc 5000 List as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America with 440% growth.
• Award-winning publicity expert, content creator, and screenwriter.
• Wrote several of Lifetime’s most-watched movies of all time.
• As seen in Variety, LA Times, Success Magazine, and Fast Company.
• Sales, operations and leadership expert.
• Spent 15 years working for top brands including Vera Wang and Design Within Reach.
• Consults with corporations to help them exceed their sales goals—and built her own seven figure company, too.